OCTOBER 21, 2020 UPDATE
This Sunday will be an especially important crossroads in Journey’s history and ministry future. Our 11:15am congregational meeting will follow our 10:30am worship service, and we are asking as many Covenant Partners (church members) as possible to be present at the church campus to share your vote on our denominational affiliation. Further instructions are below. See you this Sunday!
Blessings, Pastor Richard
- SUNDAY, OCT. 25th, 10:30am OUTDOOR WORSHIP SERVICE will be held on the lawn or in your cars. If the weather changes, we will move inside the sanctuary and follow all CDC protocols.
- SUNDAY, OCT. 25th, 11:15am Congregational Meeting: All Journey Covenant Partners are asked to come IN PERSON to discuss and vote on the elders’ recommendation that Journey exit from ECO and join EFCA. If you cannot come to the church campus, a Zoom link will be sent out on Friday before the meeting. Any virtual attendees who are voting members must be connected through a device which allows for video and audio connection so that your membership may be verified. You must also know how to access your Zoom written chat feature so that your vote may be privately submitted to the Zoom host; otherwise, you will vote openly in the group Zoom window by raising your hands. In order to hold a valid vote, a minimum quorum of 25% of the voting members must be present, with at least two-thirds of this quorum required to affirm the denominational change recommendation. If this two-thirds majority is not achieved, Journey will remain an ECO church.
- OCT 25th CONGREGATIONAL MEETING AGENDA: 11:15am = Covenant Partners’ attendance and quorum verified. ~11:25am = Meeting called to order by Rev. Bertram Wang (ECO moderator). 11:25 to ? = Congregational discussion and final vote. Results announced. Open Q&A session. Meeting adjourned.
- Operation Christmas Child Boxes due Nov 1: Praise God! Julia has distributed 126 boxes so we have exceeded JEC’s goal of 120 boxes. Please turn in boxes by Sun Nov 1, to Julia, Perry, or Alyssa Wong. The Wongs will deliver the boxes in Nov. Juliamomwong@yahoo.com.
- EDITOR & CONTRIBUTING WRITERS NEEDED for a new Journey quarterly newsletter. We are searching for a team to take the lead on coordinating articles and updates from and for the whole congregation. Please let Pastor Richard know (email@example.com) if you are able to help connect our congregation through this regular publication.
- JOURNEY MOVING HELP: The new office furniture delivery was delayed, so please be on standby to help set these up when they arrive. Debbie Lum is coordinating.
- JOURNEY OUTDOOR SERVICE CONTINUES: Oct 25, 10:30am (volunteers needed early!)
JOIN US for a simplified Sunday outdoor worship service with attendees spaced 10 feet apart on the grassy yard OR in their cars. Come early to help set up and prepare for our time together! Please remember to maintain at least 6 feet physical distance from one another.
- Before You Arrive: Please check your health, wear your mask, bring your own lawn chair, shade, bible, sermon notes, snacks, water, and optional personal lunch.
- Online Service Continues with the recording or live stream of the outdoor service.
- Women’s Ministry Virtual Monday Night Bible Study continues on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month from 6:45pm to 8:30pm until next May. The study is twelve sessions with a break after every four sessions. We welcome you even If you cannot attend every session, just attend when you are able. If you have questions or didn’t already join in a virtual small group, please email Trudee Joe at womensministry@JourneyEC.org.
- JOURNEY CHINESE WORSHIP SERVICES HELD ONLINE EVERY SUNDAY Cantonese at 10:30am, Mandarin at 2pm. https://zoom.us/j/2743452757?pwd=OFl3dnZsYnVOdDk2cng1R2dDdzNQdz09#success. Please note that there is no English translation. Contact: Pastor Paul Eng, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CHURCH ATTENDEES IN NEED? Please contact deacons Dave McLendon (email@example.com) if you are in need of help during this season of challenges.
- THE JOURNEY CAMPUS REMAINS CLOSED: All visitors to the campus should notify Sherrie at sherrie@JourneyEC.org prior to your requested visit due to security and COVID safety precautions.
- GIVING: Please continue to support the church during this important time through:
- GivePlus Church phone app (search for Journey Evangelical Church)
- Mailed Checks are also still being received at the Church Office.
- ZOOM TELECONFERENCING: The church has 3 accounts for connecting our ministries and groups. These are overseen by Yolonda Pech (yolonda@JourneyEC.org) and potential users need to request with her at least 48 hours in advance so the Zoom usage schedule may be coordinated.